To apply for this role, you must submit a cover letter, a resume, and a link to your portfolio. In your cover letter, please highlight any experience that demonstrates why you are suitable for the position.
We’re a results-driven marketing communication agency. We gain consumers’ attention, their purchase and their loyalty through brand strategy, in-store design, digital communications, and business solution. Retail companies facing new reality will find a true strategic partner – an innovative branding and marketing agency to help their brand or message to rise above disruption.
Person specification and attributes
There are five qualities that will help you succeed in this role:
- You’re an accomplished writer with bags of knowledge to share about technology, B2B marketing and global brands.
- You accommodate different opinions and other people’s ideas about how your copy could be improved. But, importantly, you know great copywriting when you see it.
- You have great interpersonal skills – with broad experience of working alongside art directors, developers, designers, account teams and creative directors.
- As part of a team that’s adept at turning jargon into crisp copy, you can use language to entertain, educate, engage and inspire.
- You’re at ease when presenting your work to clients and colleagues, and always ready to show initiative and take the lead on projects.
As a senior copywriter, you’ll be expected to:
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy with a high level of proficiency and creative flair.
- Edit copy quickly and accurately – both your own and a copy provided by clients.
- Form strong relationships with the account management team to ensure you’re involved as early as possible in discussing client requirements and inputting them into briefings.
- Take ownership of the copy output and become a creative lead for brands we work for.
- Work alongside design and digital teams to steer work from idea to completion.
- Work on multiple campaigns to tight deadlines – managing your own time effectively and helping others deliver their part of the project.
- Be proactive in creating work and ideas.
- Conceptualise ideas and campaigns, then present creative concepts clearly and effectively.
- Give and receive internal and external feedback, applying it to your creative work.
- Interact with clients at face-to-face meetings, whether it’s to interview experts and senior executives, interrogate briefs or present creative work.
- Collaborate on pitch ideas and concepts and contribute to ad-hoc creative challenges/sprints.
- Know when to push back and challenge clients, account teams and fellow senior creatives with well-reasoned arguments.
- Develop strong, original ideas, then present them to creative/account directors and sell the work to clients.
Skills and experience
These skills and experience are essential to performing the role effectively:
- Proven marketing experience.
- Minimum three years, preferably over five years of experience as a senior copywriter.
- Strong long copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Curiosity and capacity for learning and assimilating lots of information.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to think visually.
- Exceptional time-management skills.
- Confidence to pitch and present work.
- Sound knowledge of social media channels.
- Familiarity with creative processes, and digital media production techniques and channels.